Friday, April 29, 2005

Wasted evening?

Went to Demos last night for a salon (apparently that’s what they call it now, although I’d just call it a roundtable) on creativity in cities. The twist was that the creativity they referred to was in Brazilian cities.

I’ve penned a piece on it, which I hope to link to later. The only thing I will say is that it was one of the less productive events I’ve been to in quite awhile. In fact the only thing I got out of the occasion was a chat with a BBC World Service researcher who has been working on a radio programme which will go out in August starring Paul Merton which will seek to harmonise humour in the EU – that is trying to find a joke which works in every country. They’ll have their work cut out with the Greeks and Portuguese I reckon…

Oh, I tell a lie – there was something that was substantial from the Demos event: free-flowing vodka and cranberry juice. That’s me: never one to miss out on a free drink here and there…

Update - the article is now up at Brazzil, but can be linked through here.

No comments: