Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Return of the Blog... For Now.

Hi and welcome back.  I doubt anyone's reading this after all the three-year 'sabbatical' I've taken from this blog - although there were good reasons for doing so.  At the time I last wrote I felt the blog had lost focus.  I'd originally set it up as an election campaign blog (back in the heady days when IT was supposedly going to change politics) and eventually it shifted towards interests in Brazilian politics that I pursued prior to and during my postgraduate studies (along with observations on my fellow doctoral colleagues' work during our first year).  Eventually I lost interest and wasn't sure what to do with the blog.

So why am I back?  Who knows how long it'll last time time.  But I feel I have things to say (after all, that's what a blog's for, right?), I've now finished my PhD and I have time on my hands as I search for the right job.  And given the lack of another space to do it in, this will do - for now.

No comments: