Friday, January 07, 2005

New year, new exercise regime

So watched Jump Britain on C4 last night, the follow up to the one in London nearly two years ago.

There’s no way I’m ever going to be able to do what they do. But it has motivated me to do something that’s not been done for awhile: capoeira.

So there I was, out on the nearby park this morning, putting my body through the motions. I’m trying to make sure I haven’t forgotten the moves while trying to build up strength and stamina – all gone to seed after three months off (ostensibly because I had nada dinero). OK, I still need to watch the pennies, but what the hell; you only live once.

So Simon, Erico, Heidi and the rest: watch out. I’m coming back (at the Space in Hoxton if anyone’s interested).

Just as long as I can sit and watch most of the first session…

No comments: