Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Overlooked

As I suspected - I didn't get the gig at the UCL for the Brazilian history PhD. The silence which dragged on over the weekend prepared me for the worst.

THe frustrating thing about that interview last week was that I thought I was doing really well until they dropped the question: 'So what philosophical influences drive your academic work?'

Come again? And it came from the one member of staff who I assumed wasn't taking part in the panel discussion - she was the admissions tutor.

As might be imagined, after a question like that the interview started to unravel. And with it three years of potential work and full funding.

Bugger.

Still, it's nice to have options and it looks like it's the LSE for me (I'm sure there's a verse in there somewhere...).

No comments: